We will explain exactly what these lists are; and mean for you in Non-legal speak.
Skilled Occupation List (SOL)
The SOL is relevant for applicants who need a visa for:
- independent points-based skilled migration who are NOT nominated by a state or territory government agency
- a Family Sponsored points-based skilled visa
- Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work stream.
The CSOL is relevant for applicants who need a visa for:
- points-based skilled migration who are nominated by a state or territory government agency under a State Migration Plan
- the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS subclass 186 and 187), who must have been nominated by an Australian employer to fill a position in an occupation that appears in the CSOL
- the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- the Training and Research visa (subclass 402).
The current SOL and CSOL lists.