The department aim to decide 75 per cent of visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category.
Actual processing times are dependent on a number of factors, such as:
- whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge your application
- how well and how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application
- how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department particularly in relation to health character and national security
- how many places are available in the migration programme.
The decision to grant or refuse your visa application is decided on the information and documentation that you include at the time of lodgement.
For current processing times www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards